7 TYPES OF PEOPLE
Imam @ L Mosque
Ramadan Khutbah #3
So the Hour, the Moment, the Day of Judgment will be a perilous one for many. The hot, hot heat from the sun, the clamorous noise, the fact that kids & moms, brothers & sisters will be too preoccupied with being accountable to care for each other—this is the day we want to fall into the category of: The 7 types of people to be shaded on the Day of Judgment…
1) The Just Leader
As we all know esp. nowadays these are few & far between
2) The Youth that grows up worshipping & serving God
Being a Youth is hard nowadays, there are so many temptations and difficulties, & sometimes it seems that it may be getting harder as time passes
3) The one whose heart is attached to the masjid
Literally one whose heart is hung up at the masjid, not like the guy who forsakes his family, job, and community and stays there all day long, but the one whose heart is in remembrance of God even when they’re not there, and who longs to be at such high levels until they return to the masjid.
4) The one who is generous in secret, even his left hand does not know what his right hand gives
The one who is mad covert in his generosity
5) The ones who love each other for the sake of God
When they come together it is out of love for God and when they part it is also out of love for God.
6) The one who is able to resist sexual temptation
Like Yusuf (as)
7) The one whose eyes well up with tears in remembrance of God, while they are in solitude
In solitude, no one can praise you, acknowledge you, give you mad props, except the One who matters most.
Let us strive to have the attributes of at least one of these, if not all.