.Jummah Mubarak.

This is my collection of the Friday sermons (khutbahs). (DISCLAIMER: I don't take notes during the actual lecture, so this is just a summary of what I remember, plus a mix of my personal sentiment, and probably a dash of other lectures I've heard in the past.) If I err (misquote,misunderstand, etc.) it's all from me and anything good is from God. So with anything, take the good, leave the bad, and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ramadan #9, On Approaching the Deen

Ramadan #9

Ramadan Mubarak! Apparently I've been inactive since the last one-- but I'm back in the blog world. Alhamdulillah I have a do-over opportunity. May the Most Merciful make it a billion gazillion times better. Ameen.

Dr. S, I believe. J-Masjid

1st Ramadan Khutba

On Approaching the deen...

If Islam is our job, Muslims have high job satisfaction.
We don't work just to get paid.
We don't just go through the motions just to get the sawab/ejr
We do it because we love it.
We do it because we love the good Lord.

We put are heart and soul in it. -Mos Def

Plus the Creator is a lot more merciful than the boss, each and every effort is rewarded.
And if we do good, we get a major bonus in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home