.Jummah Mubarak.

This is my collection of the Friday sermons (khutbahs). (DISCLAIMER: I don't take notes during the actual lecture, so this is just a summary of what I remember, plus a mix of my personal sentiment, and probably a dash of other lectures I've heard in the past.) If I err (misquote,misunderstand, etc.) it's all from me and anything good is from God. So with anything, take the good, leave the bad, and enjoy!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Fear & Modesty

Fear Him like that sort of fear when your Ma says "Shhh. Don't be loud. You'll wake your father."

Haha, not because Dad's gonna get angry at you if you do wake him. More like fear out of compassion and love. Because it matters to you that you how he feels about you. You want to gain His pleasure. You want Him to be happy.

If people praise you say astaghfirallah. I know we love the fame and the glory. But say, I am only this way because God allows it. Let it be an opportunity to appreciate God. To help you improve your ways and simply be a reminder to the souls around you. And be thankful that they've been a reminder to you.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jaas said...

your blog rocks... and it looks like you stopped. :( pick up where you left off... I just found out about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home