.Jummah Mubarak.

This is my collection of the Friday sermons (khutbahs). (DISCLAIMER: I don't take notes during the actual lecture, so this is just a summary of what I remember, plus a mix of my personal sentiment, and probably a dash of other lectures I've heard in the past.) If I err (misquote,misunderstand, etc.) it's all from me and anything good is from God. So with anything, take the good, leave the bad, and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eid Mubarak!

Masjid DaS
Imam/Professor HB

EVALS
Like the New Year's practice of self-evaluation--
This Eid, try a spiritual evaluation.
With a score card take a tally of how you've been doing--
but remember not to be overly negative and lose hope-- because remember God is Most Forgiving. If your sins reached to the heavens He would still forgive them.

This is a time to say,

"I come to You with all of me."



TRUE SACRIFICE


Eid is not simply about the sacrifice of a goat and providing food for your family and the community. Sacrifice entails giving up/sacrificing the part of yourself that prevents you from improving as a human being, from obeying God. Abraham did this on a very difficult occasion, we've got it a bit easier-- it's a pretty joyous occasion.


Messengers of the MESSENGER
Remember that we might need to try a bit harder to go the extra mile to create community-- but do. Think of yourselves as messengers of the Messenger, like the early Muslims who ventured into the lands with no Muslims and representing the legacy of Abraham. But don't forget that goes with a BIG dose of humility.

And I'm out.

To all an Eid Mubarak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home